Medina County Texas
Emergency Services District # 4
Who We Are
We are an Emergency Services District (ESD) Created for the purpose of supporting or providing Emergency Medical Services to anyone in ESD # 4.
ESD # 4 is a political subdivision of the State of Texas, authorized by the Texas Legislature. ESD # 4 imposes a property tax to support or provide these services. In addition to other powers, our ESD may also own real or personal property, enter into contracts, employ officers, agents, employees, and accept donations.
Our ESD tax revenues may be used to hire full-time emergency personnel, contract with other entities that have full-time emergency medical departments, and/or purchase new equipment and facilities. ESD # 4 currently contracts with an emergency medical service provider. The ESD provides a stable funding source for these services.
Through these powers and stable funding, established ESDs have considerably reduced medical response times compared to volunteer services. ESD's provided stable funding for Emergency Medical Services, and allow local entities to provide enhanced services - thus saving lives, property, and funds for local citizens.
The establishment of our ESD resulted in a fair, evenly-shared financial support mechanism from all the citizens who have access to and receive emergency medical services from the district.
ABOUT US & OUR COMMISSION
The ESD may:
(1) acquire, purchase, hold, lease, manage, occupy, and sell real and personal property or an interest in property;;
(2) enter into and perform necessary contracts;;
(3) appoint and employ necessary officers, agents, and employees;;
(4) sue and be sued;;
(5) impose and collect taxes as prescribed by this chapter;;
(6) accept and receive donations;;
(7) lease, own, maintain, operate, and provide emergency services vehicles and other necessary or proper apparatus, instrumentalities, equipment, and machinery to provide emergency services;;
(8) construct, lease, own, and maintain real property, improvements, and fixtures necessary to house, repair, and maintain emergency services vehicles and equipment;;
(9) contract with other entities, including other districts or municipalities, to make emergency services facilities and emergency services available to the ESD;;
(10) contract with other entities, including other districts or municipalities, for reciprocal operation of services and facilities, if the contracting parties find that reciprocal operation would be mutually beneficial and not detrimental to the ESD;;
(11) borrow money;; adopt a sales and use tax: bill for services and;; perform other acts necessary to carry out the intent of this chapter. § 775.031, § 775.036, § 775.040, § 775.100, et seq.,
Copyright © 2006 - 2019 Medina County Emergency Services District No. 4. All rights reserved.
website powered by Crux Technologies.net